Monday, October 26, 2009

Twilight: The Spelling Bee

Maybe it's the cold medicine talking, but I'm having a Twilight issue today. Yes, that Twilight--the adventures of Bella, Edward, and Jacob.

With the recent release of the Twilight: New Moon soundtrack and the countdown to the film's release garnering more and more attention, it's as good a time as any to bring up an overlooked issue with the franchise. Yes, I've read the books and seen the first film. Yes, I'll go see the second film. And yes, I found them all entertaining. They aren't rocket science, they're escapism.

So if they are or aren't your cup of tea, great. But as you vocalize your praise/criticism please bear in mind this important fact: the author's name is Stephenie Meyer. Her name isn't Stephanie Meyers or any of the myriad of misspellings I've encountered. Seriously folks, she's sold more than 50 million books--have enough respect for that at least to get her name right!

No comments:

Post a Comment