Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bill Jacobs Chevy Swap Meet

Bill Jacobs Chevrolet in Joliet, Illinois, will host its 37th annual swap meet on Sunday, January 17, 2010. Presented by the Great Lakes Region chapter of the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America, the first swap meet of the year is guaranteed to cure cabin fever.

Show hours are 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, and admission is $4.
Bill Jacobs Chevrolet is located at 2001 W. Jefferson in Joliet.
For more information, contact Jim McDonald: (708) 485-3633 or click the links above.

I attened last year's swap meet and was thrilled to find that the show was completely sold out of vendor spaces. I suspect the same will be true this year. In addition to the car parts -- which aren't limited to Chevrolets, so you Mopar and Ford fans shouldn't stay home -- there are always some interesting varieties of collectibles from Hot Wheels cars to slot cars to the two lunchboxes I picked up last year. (For those of you with long memories, the guy with the California Car Dusters is still attending this show and is still set up in the same spot! I remember him from when I was just a little kid attending the show with my dad.)

A few years ago, I couldn't find the swap meet in the Old Cars Weekly Show Calendar section, so I emailed Jim McDonald and reminded him that the show listings are free. Last year, the show was in the listings, and this year, they have an ad in the Show Calendar section. Thanks Jim, I hope the swap meet is a big success for the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment