Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77

Cover by Alex Ross

I know what you're thinking. I was thinking it too when I read the title of the book and learned that DC Comics was going to pair up (somehow) two of the most wholesome characterizations of its flagship characters. I thought they couldn't possibly pull it off.

I'm so glad I was wrong--this comic is fantastic fun!

You have to check your angst at the door to enjoy this book, there is no Dark Knight Returns in this universe. And that's just fine. If you're looking for a good story told well by people who obviously understand and appreciate these characters, this is the book for you.

I did a full review for the folks at Comic Book Resources, and you can read it HERE.

The next step is to spread the word about the book. It's easy enough to complain about the not-so-great comics that hit the shelves each month, we should also remember to applaud the terrific ones. This six-issue limited series is off to a wonderful start.

No comments:

Post a Comment