Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chicago Toy Soldier Show


Though I don't collect toy soldiers per se, I do collect the drummers that toy soldier companies have been considerate enough to release through the years. As a drummer myself, I can't pass up Barclay snare drummers, especially if they still have their hats. I've found a few at the Kalamazoo Toy Show and the Chicago Toy Show -- soon I'll have a nice drumline across my desk!


On Sunday, September 27, 2009, the Chicago Toy Soldier Show will be held at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield hotel in Schaumburg, IL (1800 Golf Rd.). This is North America's premiere toy soldier event, and one not to be missed if you collect miniature soldiers. The doors open Sunday at 10:00 am and the show continues through 3:30 pm, though this show is famous for its room trading in the days before the actual show. Click the links above for more information.

If you're interested in learning more about collecting toy soldiers, I highly recommend you pick up a subscription to Old Toy Soldier magazine. Its articles are well researched and always informative. You'll be able to keep up with toy soldier shows and get acquainted with the international network of toy dealers who can help you find just about everything you'd want for your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment