Thursday, September 24, 2009

On The Air


As a lifelong toy collector, I have enjoyed all aspects of the hobby. I've edited and authored books on different areas of the hobby, attended toy shows all over the country, and written articles (and blogs) about toy collecting. It has also been a pleasure to share this hobby at talks in libraries and on radio shows.

Aside from finding a long sought-after piece for my collection, hanging out with other collectors at shows and talking about toys is my favorite part of this hobby. I never fail to learn from these knowledgeable people and they revitalize my enthusiasm with every conversation.

I hope that enthusiasm translates to my appearances on radio talk shows. When callers request information on the toys of their childhood, it's a pleasure to be able share a bit of toy history with them -- because that knowledge is part of the unique heritage of this hobby.

If you're in the central North Carolina area, I'll be appearing this afternoon on the Allan Handelman show on FM Talk 101.1 WZTK from 4:00 to 6:00 (or so). Allan is a wonderful guy and a very gracious host -- he's also a toy enthusiast -- and I always enjoy appearing on his show.

No comments:

Post a Comment