Saturday, July 20, 2013

Highlights of SDCC 2013: Friday


Although I'm not there this year, I've attended Comic-Con International San Diego many times and have the stories to prove it! When Comics Buyer's Guide magazine closed its doors back in January, I found myself looking for a new comics writing home. At the time, the idea of attending Comic-Con as a fan and not as a journalist was just too new and way too crazy.

Thankfully, I'm now a staff writer for Broken Frontier. The site focuses on small publishers/independent titles but keeps a close eye on mainstream comics, as well. Their international team has been very supportive as I learn the ropes, and I'm grateful for their patience. I enjoy a good challenge, and they also push me to try new things like writing opinion pieces and the subject of this post -- a round-up of Comic-Con's exciting Friday happenings.

You can read it HERE.

Now, the byline says it's all me. However, it's not. I wrote most of the stories, but several were contributed by Frederik Hautain, my editor. How do I know this? Well, when I posted my version, I also sent him a note asking him to go over it. The post has a lot of images, and I wasn't sure they all loaded properly. Well, it looks great, the additional stories are terrific, and I really appreciate the assist.

I'm already making plans to attend the con next year. It's definitely the place to be for comics fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment